Isa sa mga perks of being in a religious family and growing up inside Sunday School is mafamiliarize ka sa mga very notable memory verses in the bible. Also, kabalo ka sa tanang Stories in the Bible, etc. I remember sauna sa Sunday School naa pa toy event where we have to memorize twenty man guro to ka memory verse para makakuha atong bracelet. So sa putli nako nga pangutok, nagmemorize pud tawn ko though wala jud ko kabalo sa meaning ato nga mga words. But now, kalimot na ko ug unsa to nga memory verse akong gimemorize, ug katong bracelet kay dugay ra pud nga nawala.
So let me share my top 5 Memory Verses from the Bible:
5. Psalms 23: 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Though memorize nako ang whole chapter, this is my favorite verse. It assures myself that even though naa ko sa pinakaworst nga situation, i know He is still there.
4. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Need i say more? This is like my to-tell-myself every competition i’ve been through sa akong student life. I believe that He is the same yesterday, today and forever, so this should still holds true. (grrr is that another memory verse, guess yes)
3. Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Because there are times nga we do things to impress everyone around us, pero that is impossible because we can’t please everybody. Do things for God.
2. Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. I like this verse not because i can relate to it but because ang hirap nya iachieve! I always say to myself that I will keep and heed his word so that dili ko maadto sa temptation but it is so hard. I always do the lead-me-not-into-tempation-i-can-find-it-myself person.
1. Galatians 5:22-23 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. I cant put into words why i love this verse. Maybe i was just raised nga dapat i-achieve ni nga mga characteristics which is again, hard. But Whenever i saw religious people being the usual batig-batasan-nga-di-makaon-ug-iro religious people, ganahan ko nga ipakita ni nila gud. Kanang isagpa sa ilang nawng and ingnon nga “hala Sir/Maam ahang fruit of the holy spirit ana imong ginabuhat!?”Pak?!!